Pussy (linguistic)

Post pics of your gorgeous selfs and any RL meet. Links from other photo sites prefered however if using attatchments keep it to a minimum!

Moderator: Satyn

Is pussy as a word normal or offensive?

Other
43%
Other
19%
Other
38%

Total votes: 21

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Ovi wrote:I think Taki's reply shows that even those not offended realised it is not the right place to make that kind of post.

I personally don't find it offensive, but I certainly don't think it was a suitable comment for a public forum.
ah so now it's all my fault...

<hangs head in shame>
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Ovi wrote:I think Taki's reply shows that even those not offended realised it is not the right place to make that kind of post.
I don't think Taki has confirmed whether he said it because he thinks it should be the wrong place for that type of post or because he knew what kind of over the top reaction the minority of prudes would give. If it's the latter then merely being respectful to those prudes doesn't necessarily mean he thinks they're in the right.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

i might be totally off here so correct me if i'm wrong Taki. But i think Taki's comment was made in jest.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Tuthmes
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuthmes »

Xest wrote:But it's not that clear cut is it? The majority apparently don't find it offensive but instead find it humorous, it's the minority finding it offensive.
So you supress the minority? Less playing nazi Xest. They didnt like the comment, then people drive it too far to make a point. You fail to recognize's it is not an majority/minority issue, nor about what you find right or wrong. It's about people beeing insulted/not like the comment and asking if you could please leave it next time. To continue the discussion the way you did, is like a little child laughing nananana you cant stop me.
Next time try to work it out, or better yet, just leave the subject. It doesnt harm you "not" to say pussy or any adult matter. You're trying to discuss the freedom of speech (fail to see why), what you should discuss is beeing polite to eachother.
----------------------------
Tuthmes - lvl50 - rr7 - Ranja
Nefertete - lvl50 - rr9 - Bardesse
Neterbaiu - lvl50 - rr8 - Eldrich
Koenoe - lvl50 - rr8 - Dr00d
Achnaton - lvl50 - rr4 - Animist
Ausernefert - lvl50 - rr5 - Mentalist
Horemheb - lvl50 - rr3 Chimp
Soulsistah - lvl50 - rr6 Vampz0r
Nebcheperure - lvl50 - rr6 Valewalker
Mayet - lvl50 - rr7 Hewo

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Satyn wrote:i might be totally off here so correct me if i'm wrong Taki. But i think Taki's comment was made in jest.
Bingo!!!... at least someone got it!
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Tuthmes wrote:So you supress the minority? Less playing nazi Xest. They didnt like the comment, then people drive it too far to make a point. You fail to recognize's it is not an majority/minority issue, nor about what you find right or wrong. It's about people beeing insulted/not like the comment and asking if you could please leave it next time. To continue the discussion the way you did, is like a little child laughing nananana you cant stop me.
Next time try to work it out, or better yet, just leave the subject. It doesnt harm you "not" to say pussy or any adult matter. You're trying to discuss the freedom of speech (fail to see why), what you should discuss is beeing polite to eachother.
... and calling someone a Nazi isnt exactly going to endear you into anyones good graces... just as we are pointing stuff out.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

pussy ... nazi .... i've never heard of a pussy killing ppl
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Satyn wrote:i might be totally off here so correct me if i'm wrong Taki. But i think Taki's comment was made in jest.
So?

Jest or not, the very fact Taki made it shows he knew Crom's post would offend people.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

The name is Satyn, so i'm not gona start talking for Taki, he's a big boy he can do that himself. He was making a bloody joke, lighten up already.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Xest wrote:I don't think Taki has confirmed whether he said it because he thinks it should be the wrong place for that type of post or because he knew what kind of over the top reaction the minority of prudes would give. If it's the latter then merely being respectful to those prudes doesn't necessarily mean he thinks they're in the right.
while they are entitled to their view... I am equally entitled to mine! and yes it was more about knowing that people would overreact.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired

Mid Avalon - Retired
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Return to “Satyns RL Photo Forum and 18+ threads”